Song and Doodle #81

This weeks song and doodle is UUU by Field Medic. Now I'll be honest the first time I heard this song I thought it was kinda boring and just echoed a lot of other songs that I'm in love with. (There are a lot of banjo pickin sweethearts out there!) I didn't hear anything original but saved it anyways because it sounded like a song I knew just couldn't put my finger on it. Anyways, fast forward a month or so I listened to it again. This time I was very much feeling my feelings if you get what I mean. The lyric "loving you sure makes me afraid, of losing but I don't care" hit me like a ton of bricks. I might have sobbed a little bit. Maybe its the state of the world, maybe its me missing my family. I'm not sure. What I do know is that there is something powerful about love that insights fear of losing. With in that fear something really wonderful can blossom that transcends life.You know if we choose to own our fear instead of avoid it. With in the soft moment of sobs I started to  develop a fondness for the song and a place on my most current playlist. I'm a bit of sap for a song that makes me feel something, even if its a simple banjo love song. 

"All I ever needed was your siamese kiss
Cleanse me up of spookyness
Clear the foxes through the mist
Give me sorrow a plot twist"

No comments:

Post a Comment