Weekly Wishes! #2

The Nectar Collective

I'm so digging the Weekly Wishes from over at The Nectar Collective. I normally set mini goals for myself but hardly ever follow though. But I actually met my goal that I set last week! So I'm doing it again this week! Its kinda amazing what the support of others can really do! The best part of blogging is being a part of a community!

Last weeks goals! 

Numero Uno was finish responding to all my mail. Which I successfully accomplished! I wrote 8 letters and 3 postcards last week. I'm all caught up to my most recent letters and I'm hoping to stay caught up! I can't remember the last time I didn't have stack of letters to write. Not that I'm complaining I just hate when it takes me a long time to respond. 

Numero Dos was to make more small talk. Eh, well I'm not too sure how successful I was with this one. The only real interaction I had was when I went to the pet store. I staring into the eyes of the guinea pigs for quite some time, they are quite adorable and mystifying. Well the employee that was cleaning the cages thought that  I wanted to purchase one. Me being the awkward person that I am tried to make small talk, but panicked and didn't really have anything to say. So I just started asking about how to care for a guinea pig. I've no idea why, its not like I'm going to buy one! Then it just came to a point where I said, OK and walked away. The employee was probably confused why I didn't' get one. Ugh at least I kinda tried, right? I think I'm gonna count this as a half success. 

This weeks goals! 

1) Read more! I just started a new book, Looking for Alaska by John Green. I'm only a few pages into it and I love it. Although it seems like I get distracted whenever I sit down to read. Its like all of a sudden I remember I've 5 billion other things to do. I tried to read before going to bed and I can't even get in two paragraphs before falling asleep. So this week I'm making time to sit down and read! 

2) Floss my teeth. Now I'm going to be honest with you, I'm not good at taking care of my teeth. I mean, nothing grotesque and I've one of those toothbrushes with the timer on it. But A) I should really go to the dentist and B) you know they are going to haggle you about flossing. So this week my goal is to floss every morning and night. Now this one seems way doable! 

Well, those are my goals for the week. Yeah, they seem kinda lame but its the little things right?! Don't forget to spread some love and encouragement to other bloggers and set your own goals! 

Have a happy Week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment