Current Reads!

My goal of reading two books each month hit a snag last month because I only read one. I thought I was better at managing my time, but turns out I was wrong. B U T I did manage to squeeze one book in! That books was The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid. This book was AH-mazing! Most definitely my favorite book of the year (out of the three so far) This book was a little bit slow to get into but worth it sticking it out! This books basically tracks though an actresses scandalous career now that she has aged she is ready to share her story! Of course it much more twisty then that, but thats kinda the idea of it. This book touches on so many relationships and how complicated they can be. It dives into a lot about what it meant to be a successful lady at the time and what it still means to be successful as a women. Evelyn was ruthless with no regrets, clawing her way out of poverty into stardom. When you think about it that can create such a sad life albeit a successfully famous one and one that we can all learn from. This book also explores sexual identity and how its never as simple as we'd like to think. The vast variety and delicacy of relationships mentioned in this book causes so much self reflection. I can't recommend this book enough! If you have read it, what did you think? Were you as shocked as I was at the ending??
What are you reading lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment