2019 Recap and 2020 Goals!

This time last year I laid out a list of things I'd like to do and now seems like the perfect time to revisit the list! Also seems like time to scrape together a new list. Last years post can be found HERE! Overall I'm feeling quite elated with myself. I did most of the things that I set out to do. I think if I had done ALL of the items I wouldn't quite be myself. Plus if they were THAT achievable there wouldn't be much to strive for.
Completed items from last years list:
  • Learn to cook something new! I picked up baking this past year. When I originally wrote that goal I had in mind I needed to learn to how to cook meals for myself but what ended up happening is I got lost in the world of frivolous baking for pleasure! Because lets be honest you don't dive into a pie because you're hungry, you eat half a pie because you want something warm and comforting! I plan on continuing making bakes this next year and hopefully learning to cook a few dishes for myself!
  • Submit stickers designs! This one was quite scary for me if I'm being honest. BUT I DID IT. You can read about it HERE!
  • Read more books! This year I read 12 books. Which is not a lot for you avid readers, but for me its an accomplishment! I planned on blogging more about books but it kept slipping my mind. Most of this years books were sappy romantic books. There is something about the predictability that I found really comforting. Eventually I'll expand into a different genre of books, but for now bring on the sap!
  • Go to the dentist! This is probably my greatest achievement of the year! I did wait until November, but I did do it! I had a T O N of fillings and now the last thing to get done is get my wisdom teeth removed. I've been putting it off but I think I'll have to face it next year!
Vague Goals for 2020!
  • Learn how to make sour dough bread! A pen pal of mine was recently telling me how much processing bread goes though and how it can add extra chemicals that can be hard for your body to process. Which made me think I'd like to start making homemade bread! I think sourdough might be tricky but I have a whole year to learn! 
  • Read 24 books! Gonna try to double last years number.
  • Make a new zine every month! I'm hoping giving myself some deadlines will help scoot along my productivity. I have a bad habit of making a hand full of zines all at once and then none for a long time. If i'm wanting to get better I think I need more consistency!
  • Get my wisdom teeth removed. The only dental thing I didn't get done last year. I've been avoiding it cause it sounds like not very much fun. 
  • Cut dairy from my diet! I started to be more mindful of this one the ending of last year. I hoping by avoiding dairy it'll help my hormone imbalance and digestive issues! This might be the toughest one on the list. Honestly I'm not off to a great start, but just being more aware of what I'm eating will help I think! 
Who knows what this year will bring. All I can hope for is the strength and courage to keep going! Let's hope its a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment