Baking!

One of my new year goals was to cook something new! I started finding some interesting bakes that I wanted to try and have been baking all kinds of things. I find working with dough to be challenging but in a very soothing way. I didn't like it at first, but having everyone enjoy something that I made me want to try a second time. After the second time went much smoother I think I'm hooked! So far I've made some pork filled buns, panipopo and just recently a PIE!
My first pie from scratch is a peach, strawberry and basil pie. I found the recipe HERE. It turned out so yummy! Theres a few things that I would do differently with the crust. Now that I know what it is I'm looking for. I think next I'm going to make a blueberry-strawberry pie or a pineapple-apple pie! I still need to find more dinner and lunch ideas to cook. I imagine if I ever live alone I won't survive long off of bread and pies. BUT once I get over my baking bug I'll have to find some better things to cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment