Current Creative Adventures!

I've been adding "adventures" tacked onto things lately, mostly to make myself more excited about it! Anyways, I've been experimenting with a lot of new mediums. Its been heaps of messy fun and I wanted to share a few bits with you.
 First, this is a page from my new experimental art journal! I bought THIS one and it is lovely. The paper is thick, absorbs mediums easily and lays flat! This page still needs a bit of embellishing, but I just love how the colors turned out. Most of my art I have a general idea how the end product will look, but with these new messy paints and techniques I never know until its dry! For this page I used THESE inks and THIS stencil!
Second, my mini background test! You can't really tell in the photo but this was my first test using modeling paste! I wasn't quite sure how it was going to set up or how easy it would be to paint. But it created a really neat texture! I didn't use a whole lot to start, but now I know I can really pile it on. I mostly just used it on the corners for now since I plan on drawing on the yellow bits, instead of painting. Painting on a bumpy surface not bad, marker pen on a texture surface isn't going to go well. Next test run though I'm thinking MORE! haha

I have multiple projects I've slowly been working on. Once I actually get some finished I'll share those next! Do you have any mixed media secrets you'd like to share? Or maybe a favorite medium or tool you can't live with out? I'd love to hear about them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment