Song and Doodle #74

Todays song and doodle is the song I've had on repeat for a few days now, To The Boys by Molly Burch. Now if you haven't heard of Molly Burch before you're in for a real treat. She has the most unique and stylish voice! At first listen it seems a little bit silly but as you track though any of her albums you realize that she has amazing range and is super talented in the way she uses her voice! This song is a favorite of mine because I feel like she singing about me (ok I knooow shes not but still). For me this song is about being a quite person. I think people mistaken meekness for weakness, but quite people are some of the best thinkers and can be badass! Beyond that I think this song is also about not changing for anyone. It about finding your style and being proud of that and not willing to change for anyone. Ok, ok so maybe I read too much into lyrics but thats why they resonate so much with me. Really good songs have a way of oozing into my ears down into my chest coating my heart and I long for that feeling that good tunes give me!
"I don't need to scream to get my point across
I don't need to yell to know that I'm the boss
That is my choice, and this is my voice
You can tell that to the boys"

No comments:

Post a Comment