Why I Write Letters?


Letter writing is one of my all time favorite things in the world! I've been super obsessed with my correspondence lately, as you can tell from the multiple blog posts. Sometimes when I'm really lazy and don't feel like I have a creative bone in my body, writing a letter is the last thing that I want to do. But I know that if I just start it'll put me in a better mood. 

I recently sent a letter to the lovely Billiemarie over at Typewriter Poetry. She did THIS kind post about my letter. I've to tell you she is one of the sweetest people ever and is the queen of descriptive writing. I'll admit I got a lil bit over emotional reading it. Poets are just the bees knees. But after reading her post I realized that I would love to write everyone a letter if it created the same excitement and awe as is did for her. Lately I haven't been receiving very much mail. Partly due to the fact that all of my mail is being mis-delivered. I don't want to be THAT kinda girl that complains about the postoffice, but our mail man seriously needs to get his act together. He's been a street off all week! I'm scared my letters are getting lost.

This is when I realized that I love sending better then receiving. Don't get me wrong, a mail box full of artful letters is pretty awesome. But I would still write letters and send mail art even if I didn't get anything in return. When I tell people I love to write letters I always get a crooked look. Mostly because people don't understand. Especially if I tell them sending is better the receiving. I'll tell you what, read her post and you'll understand how awesome it is to write letters! 

Phew! Sorry for the long rant! But.... SEND MORE MAIL! I'm sure you have a old friend or a sibling that would LOVE a little hand written surprise note from you! So grab and stamp, envelope, paper and get writing! It is that time of year after all for thankfulness, selfless acts AND surprises! 




No comments:

Post a Comment