It is Valentines Day.

Happy Valentines Day my lovelies! I have such a big ol'bag of mixed emotions about this holiday. On one side I love the esthetics. Its dreary and wintery so the warm pastels coating everything is welcomed. Then on the other side I hate how it makes me feel. I despise the pressure of being in a relationship. Its the strangest feeling to feel. The logical part of my brain can clearly recognize that you don't have to be in love to enjoy Valentines day and that I actually have many loves in my life right now. But the big soft emotional pit in my stomach is making me feel real bad about being a single lady in my late twenties. I feel bad that I don't have anything cute to make/ buy for my LOVE. Most years I try to do nice things for my gal pals, in Galantines fashion. This year I'm just not feeling in. I hate the pressure to buy things- make things- DO THINGS. At the end of the day I choose to blame consumerism on all my ill feelings. Maybe its too political to say, but capitalism seems to be the root cause (as it is for a lot of things) And ya know, fuck that. I'm going my best to ignore it. And by IT I mean the holiday. Is that smart? Who knows. Regardless of your feelings on this February fourteenth, I hope the sun is a little bit sunnier in your part of the world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment