Food Baby Zine!

One of the goals that I set out for this year is to make a new zine every month! For the month of January I made this overly cute zine called Food Babies! Its an art zine that features all of my favorite island foods and little happy babes. I worry a lot that the art I make is "too cute" but honestly right now I needed some cuteness. Winter is taking its toll and I needed a distraction. I used pen and gouache on these illustrations. I've come a L O N G way with my gouache skills. It felt kinda good to apply all that i've learned into this cute little zine. Also I found that gouache scans much better than watercolor, thus saving me a lot of editing! 
I've got ambitious plans for February with the zine I have in the works and I can't wait to get more of it completed! I think the contrast between this zine and my next one might be drastic and that excites me. I'm going to be tabling at zine fest come spring and my table is going to be a mishmash, BUT hopefully a beautiful array nonetheless! 
You can find a flip though of this zine on my instagram HERE! As always if you'd like a copy or to trade drop me an email at remikeahi@gmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment