Achy Hearts Make Weird Art Zines

Eek! I've been meaning to write this post for two months! Back in the spring I made some new zines and I'm just now getting around to writing a post about it! This series is one that I'm calling Achy Hearts Make Weird Art. Last year I carried around index cards and any time I had a feeling that needed to be processed I made a little doodle. After awhile I had accumulated a bunch of drawings and grouped ones together that seemed to fit. I ended up with two different themes. The first one is all the drawings I made when I was trying to figure out my anxiety. Lots of tears, medication tests and ultimately acceptance that this is me and thats pretty cool. This one is full of mixed media goodness!
The second ended up being all the little nostalgic doodles I made when my old childhood home was being sold. It was a lot more to process than I ever thought it would be. I got to have a lot of little nostalgic feelings in the middle of being disappointed and questioning relationships. Overall just a huge ball of emotional mess. BUT I think the zine turned out kinda nice! My favorite part about this zine is people sharing their own childhood home stories! Its lovely how we all grew up somewhere and have this common thread. I adore connections that remind us we're all human. 

If you'd like a copy of either of these lil' emotional zines hit me up at remikeahi@gmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment