Song and Doodle #77

Todays song and doodle is the song Tell Me by Jack de Quidt. My newest obsession is the podcast Friends at the Table. This is an actual play podcast, which is a bunch of friends playing different role playing games. Now if you know me at all you'll know that I'm not gamer in any sense of the word. I don't play table top games or video games. This podcast was recommended by a friend who promised I didn't need to know anything about gaming. They were right! At the root of it they are just really great story tellers. I LOVE stories! Finding a good storyteller makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Let me tell you these players are FANTASTIC! I'm too scared to add up the hours I've spent listening to these strangers play games, but I can tell you its a ridiculously large amount of time! All the music in the podcast is composed by Jack de Quidt who is also one of the players. The great little intro and outro tunes are really the icing on top that sucks you in. There aren't very many songs from the podcast that have lyrics, so when this one popped up while I was listening I was over the moon enthralled. It really snuck up on me and with in the context of the episode had me in tears. Its a gloomy, sickly sweet song. I love that these songs can take me right back to that point story where my mind and heart are fully engulfed in story. Good stories are so powerful. I enjoy being wrapped up and taken away to a fantastical world and this podcast is probably the best at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment