Weekend: Easter + Birthday + Takoyaki

I've gotten so behind! I still wanted to do this post even thought its been a moment. Me and Zoei turned 28 last week so I'm going to roll and Easter into one post! Our birthday has always fallen around Easter which is probably why its one of my favorite holidays. This year was pretty mellow for both occasions. There is something about getting older that really makes you want to slow down for any holiday (or moment I suppose) 
You can't have Easter with out dying eggs! This is always my favorite Easter activity!
Zoei made me this amazing birthday card cause we bot LOVE The Office!
Zoei got me Mr.Sketch markers and a huge roll of paper! Its crazy how much these smell like my childhood. I'm super excited to spend summer nights coloring. 
I got Zoei a Takoyaki electric pan! This is our first try at making some yummy octopus balls. This little pan is a lot of fun and although we both realized that maybe takoyaki wasn't our favorite we still had a TON of fun and already have a million other round-food ideas!
Also our first time cooking octopus! This creeped me out more than it probably should. I could definitely feel my ancestors rolling their eyes at me every time I wanted to squee. BUT it turned out surprisingly tasty!

I'm overflowing with beauty and love in my life! Looking forward to another year and more spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment