Song and Doodle #68

This weeks song and doodle is from a new/old band that I discovered the other day. I stumbled upon THIS video, which was basically life changing. Ever since then I've been obsessing over the band The Ace of Cups. They have only one album out right now and its been on repeat for a week now. I just can't get over how relevant these songs are even today. Its kind of scary how we're fighting the same battles that our sisters did in the 60s and before then. Seems like for women especially the battle is never ending. It is definitely emotionally empowering to hear ladies like this and know that we are all in this together. Even though things aren't changing the sisterhood bond is an amazing one that we all need to be reminded of from time to time. I'm not sure if I'm just super into sixties music lately is why it feels so impactful but I'm having some self discoveries with in this album and its sort of amazing for my soul. The song Glue is my favorite off the album. Have a listen and don't forget to BUY IT. It's bad for you but buy it!
"No you can’t have the glue until you buy. A model too yeah baby (at Madison Avenue)
And the model is nine to five, Too many bees in one big hive"

No comments:

Post a Comment