GISHWHES!

Last week was GISHWES week! I had no idea what this was until my sister forced me sign up and be on her team. I'm so happy that I did! It was a week filled with random creativeness and good deeds! GISHWES basically a giant scavenger hunt. There is this huge list of tasks to get done and you're put on a team with 14 other people across the world. I love all the tasks cause all of them are creative and most of them are good deeds around the community. I really wish I had more time to complete more tasks. I was in the middle of packing boxes which didn't help. BUT I thought I'd share the ones that I did complete!
SPICE ART- Using only spices re-create your favorite comic book cover or cartoon. I chose to do Daria. Well because I love Daria! I actually love most 90s cartoons.
CAPTURE A MOON FAIRY- I drew this really good moon fairy in my back yard with a glow stick and long exposure app. It was SO MUCH FUN!
PLANT A BEE FRIENDLY PLANT DRESSED AS A BEE- This was my all time favorite task! My sister was nice enough to dress up! I love the idea of people across the world planting bee friendly plants. Save the bees!!
PAY FOR A LOAD OF LAUNDRY- This one you had to decorate envelopes and leave enough change for someone to do a load of laundry. My mom completed this one. I just imagine that these little envelopes made someones laundry experience better!

I had so much fun! My group was amazing and so encouraging. I couldn't has asked for a cooler group of random strangers across the world! This is the last year that they are doing it, but its so popular that I'm sure someone is going to pick it up. OR something similar to it. If I do find something like the sort I'll be sure to post it!

No comments:

Post a Comment