Song Doodle #52

One of my favorite songs as of late is This Must Be the Place. Its originally by the Talking Heads, but I've found an Iron and Wine cover that is just the bees knees. (Not that I have anything against the Talking Heads!) I first heard this song by the Lumineers and like it but then heard it by Iron and Wine and fell in love! I just love his voice and the snazzy percussion just top it off and melt my heart! The lyrics are like a poem, you can make what you want out of it. Those are my favorite kind of songs. Something that you have to dig and discover what it means to you. So listen, listen and see what kinda meaning you can discover from it!
"We drift in and out. Sing into my mouth
Out of all those kinds of people. You got a face with a view
I'm just an animal looking for a home
And share the same space for a minute or two
And you love me till my heart stops. Love me till I'm dead"

Heres the Lumineers version! 

No comments:

Post a Comment