Findings: Watercolor DIY Sets

I was wasting time on Etsy the other day when I came across this awesome watercolor set! I fell in love but then realized that it would take me a mighty long time to save up that many pennies. So I thought I think I can make one of those! After a bit of googling heres what I came up with! 
Beautiful water color set from Green Lead &Blueberry Etsy shop! My inspiration for my DIY findings! 
The best and most extensive post i've found is THIS one. Its got tons of information, links to buy supplies and a few tips that I hadn't seen anywhere else. The only thing that I wished it elaborated more on was the type of paint to use. Watercolor paints are something that I know very little about, so I was quite confused when it comes to filling my little pallet.
Thats when I found THIS post! She doesn't use a unique tin, but does explain what kind of paint to use. Also gives tips on filling and drying and what nots. Tons of good info just need to apply it to a neato vintage tin for a to-go watercolor set. THIS tutorial has a same amount of information just a different take. I've find the more I read the better I can formulate my own plan! muahaha! 
Also on my path of discovery I found a thing called Peerless Watercolors. THIS post explains it and has a fantastic DIY to make your own peerless watercolor booklet. My understanding is this type of watercolor is basically just highly concentrated pigment absorbed into a thick piece of fabric. Seems like the colors are really vibrant and intense. The compact-ness of them makes them ideal for on the go. Thats just my opinion. I haven't used them before so I hate to say too much. But I can't wait to get my hands on some of these! 
Last but not least I found THIS amazing post to make your own to-go water PENCIL set! Smart ins't it?! I've never really agreed with water color pencils. I'm not sure if thats because I've never had a good set or just can't get the hang of it. I just adore the way this looks though! So rustic and colorful AND extremely do-able! I might have to make one of these, even if it is just to give away to a pen pal or something!

Well there you have it, my watercolor findings! I'm excited to try some of these out, given that I find the time! But it certainly isn't inspiring isn't it?! Cheers to art on the go!

4 comments:

  1. We were totally on the the same wavelength today, Remi! I posted how I created my travel watercolor kit on my blog earlier. I've never heard of peerless sheets but I'm intrigued and those altoid ones are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeep! You did an awesome tutorial! Now I need to stop being lazy and get mine put together!

      Delete
  2. This is a beautiful, I've been on the hunt for a new palette and never wouldve thought of etsy

    http://rachelsteph.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have some really awesome ones! I think they are on the pricey side, so I'd try to make your own! Something like this would be awesome for journaling!

      Delete